The H2knOw-how alert panel is the web interface for managing platform alerts. There are many types of alerts available in H2knOw-how that can be triggered by all sorts of scenarios.
There are several mechanisms through which users can receive alerts. Some common out-of-the-box mechanisms are described below. H2knOw-how can be integrated with almost any third-party alerting or messaging system as required.
When you log into the H2knOw-how platform at www.h2knowhow.com, you will automatically receive any alerts that you haven't dismissed since the last time your account was logged in. An orange bell will be present at the top right corner of the page. There will also be an orange notification stating you have pending alerts.
Click on the notification message to directly access the alert panel. The alert panel can be accessed at any time (even if you have no active alerts) by clicking on the bell icon, and selecting view all on the alert preview panel.
The preview panel displays a short summary of all the undismissed alerts. By selecting an alert in the preview panel, you will be taken to the main alert panel and shown further details about the alert.
More important alerts can be received via email. Email alerts are bundled and sent to the email address used by your account login. H2knOw-how's alert email account is email@example.com. Do not reply to alert emails, as the mailbox is not monitored–send queries or issues to firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
H2knOw-how is also integrated with global telephony services. This means important alerts such as overflow alarms can be received via SMS on the go. You will need to contact your H2knOw-how administrator to enable SMS alerts.
All alert management is done through the the alert panel interface. First navigate to the alert panel as described above in #Web view. You will be presented with a view similar to the following.
- Enter keywords into the search bar to filter the list of alerts. Searching will also encompass historical alerts, and certain meta-data related to the alert contexts.
- The alerts list shows all of your active alerts. By selecting an alert, you will enable its related context to be shown in the right-hand detail pane. Alerts are grouped according to their assigned user. Your alerts appear at the top, while other's alerts appear under their role headings.
- To view all alerts, even ones that have been dismissed, select the show full alert history label.
- Once a note is selected, more details about the note will appear in the top of the right-hand detail pane. This view shows the full alert message and a summary of information related to the alert's history.
- Some alerts may be associated with another H2knOw-how component. When an alert is selected, information about all of its related components are shown in the right-hand alert context pane. The example shows the alert is associated with an H2knOw-how asset.
To dismiss an alert, hover the mouse over the alert in the alert panel or preview pane. Depending on the context of your alerts, or the project type that the alerts are associated with, you will see a tick icon appear in the alert view. Select the tick icon to dismiss the alert. Dismissed alerts can be found by selecting the show full alert history label at the bottom of the alert list.
Some types of alerts cannot be dismissed. These alerts require the user to undergo another action to dismiss the alert. For example, actionable workflow alerts appear at the top of the alert list in red. To dismiss an actionable alert, the asset context must be assigned to another user in the workflow. For information on assigning alert contexts, see the Notes & Attachments article.